Ian Mearns – I first skied in Canada when I was five. I loved it from the start and had to be dragged from the slopes each afternoon. I was so excited by it I could barely eat!
Since Canada I have been lucky enough to ski each year with family, friends or schools. This weekly holiday experience all changed when I headed to Nozowa Onsen, Japan for a winter season to be a ski instructor. And I immediately realized what I wanted from life … skiing!! My ambition is to reach the highest level in the BASI system.
If it’s not winter you can find me in the UK where I have tried my hand at a range of different jobs but my second passion in life is live music, so throughout the summer I will try to attend as many music festivals as I can afford!
- Ski instructor ISIA (BASI Level 3)
- ISIA Technical, Teach, Mountain Safety and Alpine Coach Qualifications
- BASI Adaptive Level 1
- NZSIA Level 1
- Second Season in Zermatt, CH
- One Season in Mt Buller, Australia
- One Season in Nozawa, Japan
- I have also taught in Pila & Valmeinier!
Rugby, mountain/road biking, badminton & music festivals!